About Research Information Management
UMaine Research Information Management (RIM) is part of central services at the Office of the Vice President for Research and Dean of the Graduate School. We provide research funding data to assist faculty, staff, administrators and students and support their research, scholarship, and creative activities.
Who We Are
Manager of Research Information Management and Computing Systems
Associate Vice President for Research and Director of the Center for Undergraduate Research
What We Do
- Provide sponsors with research funding reports
- Evaluate, implement, integrate and maintain enterprise and campus-wide software
- Create efficient and streamlined internal processes
- Reduce administrative burden and inefficiencies
- Provide training for faculty and staff on research information systems
- Collaborate with system IT and on-campus IT resources
- Office of Research Administration Reports
- HERD Survey (Federal)?
- For institutional data, please visit the UMaine Office of Institutional Research.
For further resources visit the Research Computing Resources webpage.
Provide Reporting, Tools and Data Workflows
- UMaine Research Reporting Portal (Web-Based)
- Integrate and collect data from numerous UM information systems
- Provide reports for all levels of data, administration and management needs
- Submit data as required to external entities
Maintain, Develop and Enhance Research Information Systems
- ORA Database
- ImageNow (Document Management)
- eProtocol (Human Subjects Compliance)
Support Faculty and Staff
- Provide training and support on information systems
- Time & Effort Reporting and Certification